Temporary (October 2020 – April 2022)
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases Grant (ELC))
The Bureau of Division Management & Systems Coordination (DMSC), part of the Division of Disease Control (DDC), is composed of the Informatics, Data and Outbreak Response teams which are responsible for the infectious disease surveillance systems, electronic laboratory reporting workflow and health information exchange. DMSC supports all other DDC bureaus with monitoring and analyzing trends in disease data, used for the recognition, prevention and control of infectious diseases.
We are seeking to fill a Project Manager position in the Division of Information Technology’s Bureau of IT Strategy and Project Management to work closely with Division Management & Systems Coordination. This position will provide key support for the Bureau’s work of tracking and investigating COVID-19 in New York City. It is expected that each position will work up to (35) hours per week.
- Manage and work with a matrix-based team of staff including the disease program staff, development, quality assurance, server administration teams, IT Security and vendors and consultants
- Gather and document business requirements, workflow process, data and other components
- Assist with implementing and operationalizing various data exchange projects involving automation
- Manage End to End project deliverables and implementation
- Create project charter, communication plan, RACI, have excellent planning skills
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment.
- Lead and communicate project scope, goals and responsibilities to project team; establish clear stakeholder expectations, and requirements of varying degrees of complexity
- Lead effort to ensure that all NYC Cyber Command and DOHMH IT Security policies are followed and implemented, including cloud assessments and Cyber Command’s Software Security Assurance Program (SSAP.)
- Ensure that system implementation vendor teams follow DOHMH IT application and database development guidelines
- Manage test plans of the new features and coordinate testing with users
- Other tasks as assigned