Pathology Technician, North Division
Pathology technicians in our hospital laboratory sites are responsible for providing a wide variety of technical and administrative support including specimen accessioning, monitoring procedure schedules, resolving discrepancies, as well as providing general procedural support to pathologists and hospital physicians in the OR/CT/IR/US and pathology lab. Path techs are also responsible for adhering to HIPAA standards and strict Standard Operating Procedures and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements. Environmental hazards such as formalin, communicable disease, fresh human tissue and body fluids are present in the workplace. North Division path techs may be required to train and cover more than one North Division site (Everett, Edmonds, Evergreen in Kirkland) although most work will be scheduled at one home site. Transportation to and from additional sites is reimbursed. This position may be selected by supervisor as Lead with Lead responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
A Path tech may perform any of the following duties or groups of duties:
- Accessions specimen
- Processes cytology specimen
- Prepares frozen sections for diagnosis
- Assists radiologist with FNA procedure and specimen processing for rapid review.
- Assists radiologist with bone marrow and other needle core biopsies, specimen processing for rapid review.
- Assists pathologists with specimen grossing and work station prep
- Muscle biopsy preparation and transport.
- Schedules procedures, monitors hospital schedules
- Provides support in resolution center
- Delivers specimen to relevant departments
- Assists with inspection preparation.
- Assists with ordering and monitoring supplies and disposal of waste.
- Other duties as assigned
CellNetix offers a robust comprehensive benefits plan. Some of the most popular benefits include:
- Company paid healthcare plan options.
- Generous 401K company match up to 4%.
- Starting paid time off up to 15 days/year plus 8 paid holidays.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Fully subsidized ORCA card and free parking at most sites.
- Our most recent addition includes Norton LifeLock Identity Protection at no employee cost.
IMPORTANT NOTICE As a healthcare organization we are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment. We require a criminal history background check and drug test for all final candidates. Additionally, CellNetix has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.