The Supply Chain Manager coordinates, organizes, and oversees all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, routing and distribution of supplies to all departments, internal sites and clients in a fast-paced environment. The position is also responsible for following the relevant CAP regulations for proper storage, placement, and labeling of chemicals and supplies. Due to various environmental hazards presented in the workplace such as formalin, communicable disease, fresh human tissue, etc., the Supply Chain Manager must adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Hires, trains, and supervises Supply Chain, facilities and environmental services employees and processes.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Assesses the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Negotiates prices for supplies and equipment and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Well versed in purchasing and inventory control procedures, including experience interfacing with accounts payable
- Facilities and environmental services oversight.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.