The Spa Attendant is exemplified as a role model for the expectations of Treatment building standards. The Spa attendant should be an Ambassador for the Spa to the guests and co-workers and communicate concerns and needs to the Spa Manager and Supervisors. The Spa Attendant is responsible for assuring that all outdoor Spa treatment areas and treatment buildings are clean, organized, stocked with sufficient supplies, and free from hazards and safety issues at all times. Responsible for creating a welcoming and elevating experience for all guests of Glen Ivy Hot Springs by engaging individual guests during the course of their day. There is an absolute expectation that the Spa attendant will communicate all necessary information, including maintenance and safety issues, guest issues and/or concerns, or any other significant occurrence, item or issue to the Spa Manager and Supervisors in a timely manner. The Spa attendant will be diligent in awareness and contact with guests and will be aware of alcohol consumption, outside food and beverages, security issues, cell phone usage and lost and found items and will report such items to the Spa Manager and Supervisors as appropriate.
License(s): None required. Education/Training: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: At least 1 year experience in a guest service-related position.
Job-Related Skills: Must be able to tolerate outside work for a full 8 hour shift. Must remain flexible with schedule availability and willing to work holidays and weekends. Must have exemplary guest service and guest interaction skills. Must be able to support and effectively work on a fast-paced, high energy Team. Must be punctual, dependable and flexible. Must be able to effectively multi-task and prioritize duties. Must act as a role model for other employees at all times. Must communicate effectively with peers and Management. Must have good time management skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Spa Manager and Supervisors in assuring that all opening and closing duties in all zones and buildings are completed to standard expectations.
- Attend all pertinent and positively contribute to Department and Company meetings.
- Proactively stock clean towels/linen and gather soiled towels/linen from designated areas within the treatment building.
- Proactively assure that all areas of treatment buildings are cleaned and stocked, to include prep area, restrooms, lobby and hallways.
- Proactively assure that Spa grounds and buildings free of trash; empty trash cans regularly, pick up trash from Spa grounds throughout the day. Assure that Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa is known as a leader in the industry for attention to detail and commitment to cleanliness, neatness and being orderly.
- Maintain clear and consistent communications with Spa Manager and Supervisors as well as fellow Spa Hosts. Alerting management to any disturbance, hazardous condition, or safely issue throughout the day.
- Respond to requests for stock, clean-up, first aid and other assigned and unassigned duties in a timely and professional manner.
- Follow the Inventory Stock product rotation and expiration guidelines.
- Accurate and mindful check-in of linen deliveries.
- Report any discrepancies or concerns surrounding linens or linen delivery to the Spa Manager and Supervisors.
- Prepare treatment products accurately, with an attention to measurement, cleanliness and timeliness.
- Conduct tours for guests and visitors as needed
- Proactively interact with guests and answer questions as needed.
- Proactively assure that storage trailers are neat and clean at all times.