As a Branch Manager, you will have overall responsibility for all aspects of field operations and office administration at your assigned branch. You’ll be responsible for staff and you’ll work closely with other senior managers and department managers to drive profitability and improve on operational efficiencies for the area in which responsibility is placed.
Business Administration & Development
• Develop a firm understanding of the branch’s Profit & Loss statement in order to implement strategic operational efficiencies and a proactive approach to budgeting
• Perform analyses of the expenditures in relation to the budgeted figures
• Develop, coordinate and implement marketing plans designed to maintain and increase existing business and capture new opportunities
• Set sales/service goals as well as recommending and implementing initiatives to increase and improve the branch sales/service record
• Drive profitability through strategic methods such as cost cutting, developing efficiencies and other methods as approved by management
• Responsible for following proper administrative procedures such as purchase orders, billing paperwork, invoices, work receipts, etc.
• Dispatching and scheduling of all field operations
• Responsible for accurate and timely submission of all paperwork including work receipts for field staff, billing worksheets, purchase orders, change orders, petty cash reports, expense reports, accident reports and all paperwork as assigned
• Estimating, planning and project management responsibility ensuring customers are provided compliant and accurate traffic control estimates, plans and services in the required time frame
• Co‐operate with sub‐contractors on the work progress
Product Sales & Rentals
• Responsible for all aspects of inventory controls and reporting (monthly at a minimum). The Branch Manager should take the initiative to propose solutions for enhanced inventory methods and if necessary staffing for better overall inventory controls
• Accountable for petty cash fund that is issued to the branch office, and ensuring submission of monthly Petty Cash Report to corporate office with backup.
• Responsible for any paperwork related to inventory, sales, rentals and rental equipment
Employee Development & Recruitment
• Ensure a professional, stimulating and supportive work environment in the field as well as in the office
• Recruitment, training, cross‐training and development of all staff
• Conduct employee performance reviews during the 90 day orientation period, at 6 months and annually providing recommendations for salary and development initiatives
• Employee reprimands, counseling’s, suspensions and terminations as approved by corporate office
Facilities & Fleet
• Responsible for facility maintenance, security and safety
• Ensure compliance to OSHA standards.
• Responsible for facility’s image, appearance and organization
• With approval from corporate office, set up all vendor and utility accounts
• Obtain permits and licenses as required as well as being responsible for all permit checks issued to branch office
• Responsible for all aspects of fleet management, maintenance, and reporting as directed by corporate office and the TMI Fleet Manager
• Responsible for all areas of safety including operations being performed in the field. Branch Manager will drive safety initiatives including regular safety meetings, OSHA compliance, OSHA reporting forms (300A, etc.), training of all staff and other initiatives as directed by management in order to maintain an excellent safety record
• Conduct bi‐weekly safety meetings to reinforce safety commitment and training
• Ensure timely treatment for all work related injury and/or illnesses sustained by TMI employees.
• Responsible for timely reporting of all work related injury and/or illnesses sustained by TMI employees to corporate office, including completion of required report
• First week of each month a recap of monthly meeting with key branch personel should be sent to COO