About the Role
Reporting to the Director of On-Air and Digital Membership, the On-Air & Digital Membership Producer will play a key role in executing successful public television and radio on-air membership campaigns, as well as produce digital fundraising events. From conception and business planning through analysis of results, coordinating the work of diverse internal and external contributors to these efforts, to cultivate revenue from individuals in ways that are creative, efficient, and effective, this position will be integral to membership success.
Important skills for this role are ability to manage relationships with on-air hosts, studio crew, community partners and vendors; leading the pledge team while providing excellent internal and external customer service; multi-tasking and ensuring messaging details are effective and accurate.
This role will also propose, test, and execute the application of content and membership appeals on digital platforms to increase engagement, new membership, and financial donations.
The On-Air & Digital Membership Producer will coordinate the production of pledge breaks for all TV and FM pledge drives, selected pledge program acquisitions, analyze pledge results, provide reporting as required and offer recommendations for enhancements of pledge strategies.
This position will also execute fundraising opportunities on digital platforms and assist with reporting and analytics, with focus on maximizing direct messaging and effective appeals.
Familiarity with public media fundraising and the Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey, and Delaware is preferred.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, recommend, and maintain the TV and FM pledge programming schedules based on pledge revenue reports, with assistance from pledge team.
- Report out campaign results, analyze year to year campaign data to inform campaign strategy.
- Track TV and FM pledge campaign results daily and adjust programming schedule to maximize results.
- Maintain clear, prompt, daily communication with station staff, including Director, programmers, traffic, promotions, digital, radio – to keep them informed about daily and weekly adjustments to the pledge programming schedules.
- Work with promotions staff to ensure that TV pledge programs are promoted via a calendar of TV spots, radio spots and live reads, web page posts, email, and social media.
- Work closely with Director and pledge staff to develop experiential premiums, optimize ticket offers and unique, effective thank you gift offers.
- Work with Events Associate to establish events as premiums.
- Work with promotions teams to create on air fundraising campaign spots, Roll-Ins and breaks.
- Work with sponsorship department, and Premium Associate to develop annual strategy for growing concert ticket revenue and improving donor relations and communication with donors around concert ticket donations.
- Assist with production of Integrated Calendar Year End and Fiscal Year End campaigns (TV, Digital & Radio).
- Work with promotions staff to create support spots for pledge drive introductions, mission message, programming genre support spots and in-kind thank you spots.
- Oversee editing and build shows (insert breaks) for pledge programs.
- Coordinate development and creation of graphics.
- Write rundowns for on-air campaigns and membership spots.
- Work with Associate Producer to preview pledge programs to produce program specific message points for talent.
- Schedule technical crew for live pledge, pre-taped breaks, and recording testimonials and spots.
- Recruit and train diverse, multi-generational on-air talent, pledge producers, crew and quality volunteers. Draft talent schedules for review.
- Work with Studio Production staff to coordinate studio production, lighting, video, audio and engineering efforts as they pertain to the pledge drives.
- Assist with planning the Radio pledge drive, and floor producing during the Radio drive.
- Conduct state-of-the-system research on My PBS, PledgeChat, Greater Public, TRAC Media, and other sources for trends, break points, message points, and best practices for on-air fundraising production.
- Research national benchmarks and implement Best Practices for On-Air Fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHYY serves the Philadelphia region with trusted journalism, eye-opening storytelling and intimate local arts programming. Our curiosity and commitment to this community is what drives our programming. It’s also what drives our hiring.
Below you’ll find an employment opportunity in the fast-paced setting of the Philadelphia region’s leading public media provider. The award-winning professional staff of WHYY sets the bar high in television, radio and online. Whether it’s preparing a program to air or a behind-the-scenes role in support, all positions are vital to continuing—and growing—our impact in our community.
WHYY offers a voice to those not heard, a platform to share everyone’s stories, a foundation to empower early and lifelong learners and a trusted space for unbiased news. Learn more about our Social Responsibility Program. It’s how we live.