SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Applications reviewed until filled
For your candidacy to be considered you must have this application completed and the linked RFP Form submitted.
To coordinate and lead Medical Teams Ukraine regional health response in collaboration and direct line management of Medical Teams HRT Response Manager.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Expectations for this short-term contract are outlined broadly in this Call for Proposal. This role with Medical Teams is a dynamic one with the context continually changing, thus this position requires flexibility. The broad outline of activities offered below recognizes that details may change in order to address needs identified in the field. Activities enumerated below are to be undertaken in Ukraine/Moldova.
- Lead on Medical Teams program design and implementation and overall technical quality in health and nutrition activities by ensuring adequate supplies, equipment and personnel are planned for to delivery effective assistance.
- Engage with coordination bodies, donors, and leadership and support staff to build a strong team environment that is compassionate, accountable, and tenacious in overcoming the barriers to health and wholeness that Ukrainians face.
Outcomes likely required for success:
- Support establishment of new health responses through presenting proposals for negotiations to the country team with local authorities (MoH, local government and coordination entities and other NGOs), define activities, design of org charts, hiring and training of new staff and begin implementation activities as a part of direct health services, health systems strengthening or community systems strengthening.
- Assess newly identified health needs through facility assessments, key informant interviews, surveys to identify humanitarian health needs and define key recommended interventions required to address needs.
- Complete assessment reports on needs and support the presentation of them to donors with Medical Teams staff.
- Supports the recruitment of national and international staff to implement response strategy and oversee their work and utilization of any expatriate volunteers in a response.
- Collaborate with the logistics team to support procurement of medical items to required specifications and quality per Medical Teams procurement guidelines and those of relevant donors
- Represent Medical Teams, when requested, through active participation in local and national coordination platforms such as the Health Cluster or Sector working groups or task teams.
- Establish and support health information systems for monitoring program implementation and health trends in line with the local MOH and coordination body requirements.
- Establish beneficiary tracking platforms and accountability mechanisms.
- Collaborate with response leadership to monitor work plans, identify and complete other relevant response startup tasks.
- Ensures MEAL monitoring systems are in place in accordance with Medical Teams guidance and standards.
- Develops strategic partnerships with local organizations, wherever possible.
- Assists in organizing and leading donor and monitoring site visits to health program activities; travel with donors as necessary.
- Ensures implementation of and compliance with MTIs Safety & Security Policy and standards for MTI operations.
- Ensures the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and Employee Code of Conduct policies.