Under the general direction of the Medical Billing Supervisor, the Medical Biller records patient charges, prepares billing statements, and records receipt of payments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately and efficiently gather patient information from the progress note and ensures that the claim forms are completed, electronically signed, and entered into the electronic billing management system on a daily basis.
- Post all charges and payments into the billing management system.
- Maintain records, as necessary, to re-bill any denials or unpaid claims in a timely manner.
- Reconcile, and file, outstanding claims to associated remittance advices.
- Follow up on any unpaid claims, including collections of direct patient charges.
- Attend training seminars, as required, to stay current on billing and eligibility issues.
- Communicate regularly with other Medical Billers and share information acquired regarding billing issues.
- Sort and file patient encounter forms by date.
- All other duties as assigned.