JOB QUALIFICATIONS—Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA’s)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years in formal / informal education or related field
- Has experience working with children
- Must pass Archery training (GSNETX will provide training)
- Willing to become trained (GSNETX will provide training) in Ropes Course facilitation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and changing conditions
- Demonstrate and promote a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to coworkers, the volunteers served by this council, and others with whom her/his job puts her/him in contact
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Adheres to the GSNETX’s equal opportunity and non-discrimination policies, which ensure that there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, creed, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, or age.
- Must hold membership in the Girl Scout organization and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, before and after hours, and on weekends, when required.
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, work in an office environment, work in a seated position, and work with computers.
The employee must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Activities occur both inside and outside and employee is subject to both environmental conditions; however, employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.