Carpet Tech Electrician
Be appreciated for your hard work.
Carpet Tech is seeking a full-time Journeyman Electrician to install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. This position also ensures that all work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Full Time
- Pay is due upon experience
- Location: Lubbock, TX
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Place conduit, pipes, or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Direct or train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Perform business management duties, such as maintaining records or files, preparing reports, or ordering supplies or equipment.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Construct or fabricate parts, using hand tools, according to specifications.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit or moving or lifting heavy objects.