LJA Mission Statement
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of “exceeding guest’s expectations”.
- Be on time to all job assignments.
- Responsible for carrying out the essential functions of the daily job assignment. To include, but not limited to;
- Housekeeping – Hotels, Laundry, or Custodial
- Food Services – Banquet staff, Dishwasher, Kitchen Assistant
- Meeting Room Setup
- Recreation - kayaks/Canoes/Paddle boards
- Pontoon Boat Driving ( must meet age and other boating requirements)
- Landscaping – planting, weeding, laying mulch and more
- Maintenance – assist with light assignments, such as painting
- At times, may provide;
- Administrative support, including registration, marketing and communication for Lake Junaluska hosted events and activities.
- Participating and assist with community events such as July 4th celebrations.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to the department supervisor or the Human Resources department.
- Other duties as assigned.