• Applicant must have a BA, and preferably an MPH or related graduate degree
• Experience in viral hepatitis, public health, and harm reduction preferred
• Experience providing training and/or technical assistance
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and manage time effectively
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Flexibility and willingness to learn new tasks quickly
• Excellent writing, communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Cultural competency regarding populations impacted by viral hepatitis including ethnic
minorities, people who use drugs, and LGBTQ people
• Skilled in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
Work Environment: Standard office setting with extended periods at workstation and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule: Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Work location is the Philadelphia Department of Health Division of Disease Control office at 1101 Market St. 12th Floor in Philadelphia.
Travel: This position requires minimal travel for local meetings and 2-3 overnight trips annually for conferences and meetings.
Physical Demands: Ability to transport materials on occasion; walking to meetings in nearby offices.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. Health Federation offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
• Medical with vision benefits • Dental insurance • Flexible spending accounts • Life, AD&D and long term care insurance • Short- and long-term disability insurance • 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution • Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday • Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
Application: If interested, please send a resume/CV and a cover letter to HEP-DDC@phila.gov
DISCLAIMER The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
The Health Federation of Philadelphia (HFP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.