The Peer Recovery Specialist will assist with program support, connecting participants to recovery activities in the community, transportation of participants, helping participants get their basic needs met & navigation of the substance abuse service system, including help to increase access to substance abuse services, co-facilitation of Peer Support Groups, and home-based service support for Avivo’s program participants at the 1800 Behavior Health and Wellness Clinic.
Schedule: This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, to include early mornings, evenings, to meet the scheduling needs of programming.
Avivo is a nonprofit organization which serves nearly 15,000 Minnesotans each year, helping them achieve recovery, employment, and career advancement. We believe everyone deserves the chance to live well and work well. Avivo provides chemical and mental health services, career and technical education, and employment services at locations in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. Avivo employees’ help individuals transform their lives – move out of poverty, find treatment and achieve recovery, end homelessness, train for and start careers, and secure jobs. At Avivo, employees experience worthwhile work and professional growth as part of a vibrant and diverse workforce. You have direct and positive impact in people’s lives and are a part of make lasting change in our community! avivomn.org
- Provide provision of general treatment support and recovery maintenance through Avivo’s Multicultural Recovery Coaching Initiative to African American, multiracial, and multicultural participants.
- Provide transportation to participants including operation of Avivo van.
- Provide help in meeting basic needs of participants, connecting to community resources.
- Connect participants to sober events in the community, including culturally-specific events
- Create and facilitate a monthly calendar of activities and events.
- Coordinate activities with Peer Support Specialists and Peer Mentors.
- Facilitate culturally specific recovery support groups. Assist with peer support and culturally specific programming.
- Establish and maintain necessary professional relationships with other community resources, agencies, and service providers as directed by supervisor.
- Conduct program support activities as assigned.
- Provide urinalysis for same gender clients as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of job activities to include but not limited to: transportation records, urinalysis logs, filing logs, group room schedules, etc.
- Responsible for working in collaboration with the Volunteer Services to assist with supporting volunteer positions which may fall within your program area.