The Director is responsible for managing, overseeing, and ensuring the smooth operations and staff performance across assigned departments. The Director is responsible for establishing, standardizing, and implementing departmental procedures. In addition, the Director must collaborate with pathologists, senior management, and other department leaders to continually assess and improve operations and workflow. It is crucial that the Director is knowledgeable about HIPAA, CAP and CLIA regulations, practices and enforces all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) procedures as this position is responsible for controlling staff exposure to several environmental hazards such as formalin, communicable disease, fresh human tissue, etc.
- Oversees daily operations in Client Services, Transportation, Slide Library and Care Coordination.
- Tracks developments in emerging technologies and methods and provides periodic reporting on those developments to the leadership team.
- Establishes staffing levels, department annual budgets and department performance metrics.
- Responsible for frequent, effective communication with department staff, pathologists, chief scientist, and company management team.
- Maintains and ensures supervisor and departmental employees' productivity and work quality.
- Mentors, trains, and coaches staff including supervisors, assistant supervisors and leads.
- Assist in the design and implementation of standardization and training programs.
- Identifies and implements continuous process improvement projects and ensures new processes are executed effectively.
- Responsible for working with the IT department on implementing and maintaining department management software and related system configuration and upgrades.
- Ensures leadership team engages in company provided management training and leadership development education.
- Troubleshoot and work to resolve any issues that arise within and between departments and clients.
- Provides back up assistance to the department supervisors and leads.
- Other duties as assigned.