Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania is a non-profit organization providing programs and services to individuals with disabilities. We are proud of our history and invite you to come join our team!
Do you have experience working with adults with disabilities? Are you looking for a full-time position with benefits? Easterseals Adult Day Services is an opportunity to work Monday-Friday with weekends off. Were looking for compassionate caregivers to assist adults on community outings and provide services in the center. This position comes with generous PTO and great benefits valued at 6k!
QUALIFICATIONS: PROGRAM ASSISTANT
- The Program Assistant is required to have one of the following: High School Diploma/GED or One+ years' experience working with individuals in a health care or social services setting;
- Current First Aid and CPR training preferred.
- A valid PA Driver's License in good standing and a satisfactory driving record required.
- Valid Automobile Insurance
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Clearance required.
- Department of Aging FBI Clearance required if not a continuous resident of PA for three years prior to employment with Easterseals.
- Passing of physical examination and TB required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES-PROGRAM ASSISTANT
- Responsible for the daily care, training and supervision of consumers, both on site and in the community.
- Assist program consumers in all aspects of personal care which includes, but is not limited to: toileting, feeding, bathing, ambulating, range of motion, etc.
- Provide a friendly and stimulating environment for program consumers through tasks such as, but not limited to: greeting participants, assisting in putting on/taking off outerwear, serving food/beverages.
- Assist in developing and implementing individualized support plans for consumers.
- Transport and accompany individuals in the community. Facilitate social and community engagement that supports the needs and goals of the individual.
- Assist the individual in fostering meaningful relationship with people in the community and assist in the discovery of leisure activities.
- Drive consumers in company van or personal vehicle.
- Must be able to lift, carry, or pull up to 40 pounds as needed. Must be able to push wheelchairs which can require up to 70 pounds of force.
- Work hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with no weekends! The hourly rate of pay is $15.00.
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, retirement plan and more.
- Paid Holidays
Thank you for your interest. Come join our team!
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, use of medical marijuana or protected Veteran status.