The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent health and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs, arts, and sports experiences. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits including a complimentary membership! The J’sculture is warm and inclusive to all, employees are safe being who they are at work. Be a part of this amazing team and community.
The J has an opportunity for a Development Associate to join our team. This part time position is anticipated to be scheduled 20 -28 hours per week and will be located at our Creve Coeur location.
Primary fundraising administrator who will process and acknowledge gifts, run reports, analyze data, research funding opportunities, and support overall development efforts for the agency.
- Serve as the primary donations processor which includes entry into NPSP, Classy, Salesforce, preparing deposits according to Accounting Department guidelines, reconciling deposits on a daily basis, etc. Donation types include, but are not limited to sponsorships, individual donations, corporate donations, foundations, grants, etc.
- Prepare and send donor correspondences such as thank you letters, donation acknowledgements, pledge reminders, endowment/restricted fund annual update letters, sponsorship letters, invitations, tax letters, etc.
- Utilize our Salesforce database systems to make sure all gifts are entered and be able to arrange and merge data. Must have strong skills in Microsoft Excel for tasks such as importing and exporting.
- Support IT efforts to manage databases. Analyze, segment, and clean data as needed.
- Assist Manager, Development Operations, as well as our Development Director, by creating and running reports out of our database in support of departmental activities, for example: mailing lists, monthly campaign reports, event sponsorship donations, event attendance lists, research leads, pledge reminders, etc.
- Process and track registrations for fundraising events (as needed) into NPSP in Salesforce, as well as Classy, our online donor database.
- Track and process membership dues, such as J Associates, and enter those into Salesforce. Prepare reports and send out monthly dues reminders.
- Initiate and prepare lists for donor recognition signage. Coordinate with selected vendors for signs, carefully proof orders, and coordinate installation.
- Provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers. Answer customer inquiries about Development, typically via email and telephone.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.