About This Role
We are seeking individuals with strong technical aptitude to become part of the payment development team to be the liaisons between the business, technology and support teams. Systems Analysts search for the details while taking the big picture. You will be responsible for end-to-end analysis and design of business systems including needs assessment, requirements gathering, prioritization, planning and functional specifications.
We want smart, extremely motivated team members who are willing and able to contribute quickly to Shift4 Payments projects and who are excited and passionate about the changes we face.
- Collaborate the Product Management, Payment Development, and Test Engineering teams to determine the requirements for new features/functions as the Product Owner
- Plan, organize, and write various specification and technical requirements documents in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with procedures and standards.
- Communicate with technical contacts at payment processors and at customers to resolve questions and ensure solutions comply with certification/project requirements and industry mandates
- Act as a technical SME on client facing projects
Expected Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of related experience; degree in engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
- Strong understanding of various payment mechanisms: credit card, debit card, e-commerce, and emerging payment options
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application level and operational requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook).
- Knowledge of project management solutions such as MS Project, Jira or Confluence.
- Working knowledge of Database SQL and networking protocols such as TCP/IP
- Ability to work independently and proactively with business teams and leadership.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Driven and self-motivated: with and exceptional ability to learn new technology and domains quickly