At a glance:
This is a mid-level position responsible for community outreach and event management in support of the agency’s business and growth strategy. This role is a senior member of the Administration Team and reports to the Director of Business Operations.
Your primary goal will be to create and sustain positive relationships with community members, local organizations, and fellow employees via outreach, event coordination, and program management on behalf of the agency. You have strong presentation skills and a desire to interact with a variety of groups.
What does a Community Relations & Events Manager do at R2C Group?
Build strong community relationships.
- Serve as a key point of contact for all individuals, organizations and vendors the agency partners with on community programs.
- Kick off new relationships and support opportunities.
- Manage all community partnerships from new relationship, to onboarding, to daily management of programs.
Plan and manage corporate and community events.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all internal events for employees.
- Plan, organize and manage all activities and events in support of the agency’s community and public relations.
Create marketing materials.
- Write newsletters, factsheets, talking points, and presentation materials in support of community and agency activities.
- Work with internal and external design teams to develop marketing materials for the agency and various events.
Play a key role on the Administration team.
- Participate in agency events as needed – helping to set up and take down events, including periodic after-hour needs.
- Back up team members when they are out, including covering reception desk.
- Look for ways to improve the processes and support the team.
- Be a role model of professionalism, showing a constant sense of urgency and displaying grace under fire at all times.
- Contribute to the client/employee experience at all times by ensuring the building is clean, items are stocked as needed, rooms are meeting-ready and any requests are routed to the appropriate person.
What makes a great Community Relations & Events Manager at R2C Group?
- 5+ years of experience in community relations, event planning, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success managing high profile events.
- Ability to build strong relationships and maintain key partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; expert level in Outlook and PowerPoint preferred.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with creative solutions to challenging situations.
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and changing needs in a timely fashion.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done including working outside of normal business hours.
- Appreciation of R2C Group’s Core Values.