The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Bureau of Equitable Health Systems (BEHS) is a bureau in the Division for Center for Health Equity and Community Wellness at the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) located at 42-09 28th Street, Long Island City, NY.
Our division is devoted to strengthening the Department’s ability to strategically partner with the NYC health care system. The bureau will engage primary care providers and other healthcare organizations to implement evidence-based strategies; leverage information to support planning and technical assistance for providers and payers; advance policy to close the racial equity gap for priority health outcomes; and surface opportunities where health care can influence and connect consumers to social support and address the whole person, beyond physical ailments. The Healthcare System Innovation and Support Team (HSIS) within BEHS operates NYC REACH, helping New York City providers to implement new health care delivery models and quality initiatives, participate in payment reform programs, and connect to community and health resources to support their patients. To find out more about this ground-breaking project visit us at www.nycreach.org.
We are seeking an Operations Manager to join the HSIS team at NYC DOHMH’s Bureau of Equitable Health Systems (BEHS). The position reports to the Assistant Director of Communications and External Relations. The Operations Manager would play a key role in managing NYC REACH operations, including:
- Personnel Operations
- Facilitate hiring managers with recruitment and onboarding processes
- Liaise with FPHNY and DOHMH to streamline recruitment and onboarding processes
- Work closely with program administration and HSIS leadership to track staff allocation on grants
- Lead and coordinate activities focused on team culture such as hosting team events and developing internal communications or newsletters
- Lead workstreams for BEHS Core Operations
- NYC REACH Operations
- Manage key vendor relationships and systems for NYC REACH operations including contracts and invoicing
- Oversee NYC REACH membership processes including agreements
- Work closely with data team on NYC REACH membership quality assurance and reporting needs via Salesforce CRM
- Resource Identification and System Improvement
- Coordinate identification and application for new funding opportunities
- Strategize and implement process improvements for workflows and systems and offer solutions to identified issues
- Bridge across projects and teams within the bureau to foster exchange of ideas and provide cross-team learning opportunities
- Act as liaison and oversee processes for inter-agency requests, such as tracking inventory distribution and language services
- Performs other duties or special projects as required