Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative. When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We dont want this to just be your job, but the start of your career!
What youll be doing:
The Desktop Support Technician II will be responsible for supporting end-user I.T. desktops, notebooks, VoIP phones, handheld smart devices, printers and other hardware, operating systems and associated software. The Candidate will be the primary help desk technician with the ability to troubleshoot issues throughout the company as well as maintain regularly scheduled maintenance cycles on end-user I.T. hardware and software.
What youll be responsible for:
- Respond to, troubleshoot, repair and document resolution of all end-user I.T. hardware, operating system and software issues
- Conduct responsibilities and duties with a high level of customer service
- Determine root cause of end-user I.T. hardware and software issues
- Efficient deployment of end-user I.T. hardware and software to individuals or large groups of individuals in local and remote offices
- Evaluate end-user I.T. hardware and software to determine its effectiveness for end-users
- Regularly track, recommend and perform end-user hardware and software upgrades
- Regularly track, maintain and perform patching on end-user devices as necessary
- Work with 3rd party support technicians to efficiently achieve end-user issue resolutions
- Effectively troubleshoot end-user I.T. hardware and software issues in an individual setting
- Contribute resolutions, answers and ideas to larger group of technicians.
- Support remote locations through company WAN and on-site visits.
- Perform basic server level functions such as new user creation and folder and file permission settings
- Create and maintain documentation
- Maintain asset information in a provided asset database
- Participate in after-hours 24x7 on-call rotation for multiple locations.
What we need from you:
- Must have valid drivers license and be willing to travel locally to multiple locations as needed
- Bachelors degree in computer related area of study or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience with technical customer service required
- Excellence in technical troubleshooting
- Industry certifications preferred (MCP, A+, etc.)
- Experience working in a collaborative small team environment
- Experience working individually to resolve complex issues
- Technical Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience working with and troubleshooting the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems and associated software (Industry certifications preferred: MCP, MCSE, etc.) in an environment with 100+ systems.
- Microsoft Office 2016 and newer including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio (Industry certifications preferred: MCP, MCSE, etc.)
- Adobe Products including, but not limited to Acrobat, Acrobat Reader, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Creative Cloud
- PC hardware repair and upgrades including, but not limited to SSD, SATA and IDE hard drives, RAM, Intel and AMD CPUs, CD and DVD drives, keyboards, monitors, mice and other peripherals on desktop and notebook computers (Industry certifications preferred: A+, etc.)
- Experience with Apple hardware, operating system and software preferred
- Network printers, scanners and copiers
- Trend Micro Office Scan Anti-virus
- Apple iPhones and iPad hardware, operating system and device and desktop software
- MobileIron MDM deployment and on-going management
- Knowledge of Deployment and Imaging Tools and their Implementation
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as complex and advanced technical manuals, upgrade and installation scripts and release notes.
- Ability to write correspondence and effectively communicate with superiors, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Ability to work independently, using sound judgment without close supervision
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to effectively deal with stressful situations and interruptions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, kneel, stoop, bend, talk, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, type or write; reach with hands and arms, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!
Childress Klein is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.