Title: Clinical Director
Unit: Better Living Center, an OMH-Licensed Article 31 Outpatient Clinic
Reports to: Senior Director, Behavioral Health
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Exempt
Location: Long Island City, NY 11101
This position oversees and directs day-to-day clinical aspects of the Better Living Center. This will involve supervising clinical staff in weekly one-on-one meetings as well as reviewing their clinical documentation with the aim of helping clinicians improve their clinical skills. It will also involve helping the team when a client becomes distressed or shows signs of decompensating. The person will also carry a small caseload. This role is not expected to carry a significant administrative role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that clinical staff are conducting themselves in clinically effective, ethical and safe manner in all their interactions with clients through formal supervision, informal discussion, and review of clinical paperwork.
- Promote the clinical growth and diversification of skills among clinic staff.
- Work to promote constructive collaboration among staff (intra-BLC, between Article 31 and Article 32/822, as well as with Fortune’s non-clinical program staff).
- Collaborate with administrative staff and supervisor to ensure that all aspects of clinical operations are in compliance with regulations and Fortune Society Policy & Procedures.
- Carry a part/time caseload.
- Collaborate with supervisor to ensure upward flow of ideas, information and suggestions.
- Other duties as assigned.