- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- At least 2+ years of experience in a related field, such as program sales, group facilitation, youth programming, customer service, volunteer coordination, and/or risk management
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn and adhere to all organizational and department policies and procedures
- Able to manage up, engaging other staff and organizational stakeholders when solving problems and/or making decisions
- Able to manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, staff, vendors and girl members
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changes that may need to be made to programs, locations, or other aspects of plan of work
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to keep accurate records
- Able to communicate clearly in one-on-one or group situations and represent GSHCC publicly
- Access to reliable transportation; position includes work-related travel
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, evenings and overnight events as needed and travel as required
- Able and willing to drive Mobile STEM Center + Maker Space
- Able and willing to acquire and maintain relevant certifications, including but not limited to: First Aid/CPR
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and a customer relationship management system such as Salesforce
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity
- Believe in the aims and purpose of the Girl Scout movement and be willing to subscribe to the principles expressed in the Promise and Law and in the purpose of Girl Scouting
- Valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and proof of insurance
- Available for council-required events (i.e. Annual Meeting, Mega-drop, etc)
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds
- Promote organizational culture and community statement:
The Girl Scouts Heart of Central California Community Statement
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of purpose.
As a member of this community I have certain responsibilities:
I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
- I am committed to quality.
- I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
- I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
- I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
- I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.