The Accounting Manager position is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the accounting records by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
The primary responsibilities of the Accounting Manager include:
- Oversee the accounting team general ledger operations ensuring an accurate and timely month and year end close
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Prepare special reports for management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Coordinate annual operating budgets by establishing schedules and collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data
- Monitor accounts payable ensuring accuracy and completeness of cash
- Design and develop procedures for more effectively processing and reporting on key financial components
- Prepare and review product profitability analysis for management
- Review financial statements; calculating and investigating variances
- Prepare and post monthly journal entry transactions
- Prepare and develop monthly financial reconciliations for completeness and accuracy of reporting
- Work with Technology to plan and implement upgrades and research and analyze potential software enhancements.