Position Title: Payroll Administrator
Job Type: Full-time, Salary
FLSA Status: Exempt
Overview: Our rapid growth has created a need for a Payroll Administrator to manage all payroll processes of the organization. We seek an efficient Payroll Administrator to be responsible for all payroll processes. The Payroll Administrator's duties include management of employee payroll data, ensuring the accuracy of timesheets, computing wages, and ensuring employees are accurately paid and on time.
- Ensure the accuracy of semi-monthly payroll.
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, garnishments, and deductions.
- Preparing and issuing earnings statements.
- Issuing paychecks and managing direct deposits.
- Communicate with employees regarding payroll inquiries, to include but not limited to addressing and answering any questions regarding payroll errors.
- Resolve issues employees have with timesheets, collaborating directly with managers and employees if there are any questions or concerns regarding an employees timesheet.
- Address any issues with pay stubs, and other payroll matters.
- Process Quarterly H&W payments to employees.
- Manage employee payroll records within the payroll system.
- Register with various states for withholding, unemployment, disability, and local taxes as needed.
- Report wages, 401k, HSA & FSA contributions.
- Review and reconcile quarterly and annual filings including 941s, W-2s, etc.
- Maintain records within Workers Compensation and Leave of Absence systems.
- Ensure any employees on a leave of absence are paid accurately and timely. Coordinating with LOA vendor on any disability or State paid programs and payments.
- Learn and understand companys policies around personal leaves of absences and the processes for payment on personal leaves versus other leave programs.
- Create payroll and employee headcount reports as needed.
- Transfer and enter all benefit deductions for new hires and QLEs from benefits system into payroll system.
- Transfer and enter in all retirement deductions from retirement system into payroll system.
- Enter in employee and employer contributions into FSA and HSA platform ensuring payments transfer from HRIS to FSA and HSA accounts.
- Establish and maintain file feeds between benefit and retirement systems to ensure payroll system is streamlined for deductions.
- Attend and participate in best practices calls, webinars or other educational sessions to optimize use of payroll system.
- Coordinate with HR on final checks for any terminations.
- Develop a deep understanding of the company handbook and policies as they apply to payroll and employee payments.
- Perform analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of benefit vendor invoices.
- Coordinate with the HR department to maintain accurate employee records.
Skills & Abilities:
- You should have strong numeracy skills and be able to multitask effectively.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as ability to effectively use payroll knowledge to interact professionally with employees, benefit vendors and various agencies.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- High degree of discretion.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently in a remote environment.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements. (HIPAA, ACA, COBRA, FMLA, etc.).
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-demand, and large-scaling atmosphere.
- You are a thinker and analytical person.
- You take initiative and have the willingness to go above & beyond.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Experience working with Paycom, Securian, Sequoia, Guardian, and Navia.
- Experience with establishing and maintain file feeds for payroll systems.
- Experienced in MS Excel, Working Knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. or above degree in accounting or related field.
- 4+ years of payroll experience.
- Growth Mindset, Problem Solver, Self-starter, Demonstrates Ethical Behavior, Strong Drive, Team Player, Supportive & Adaptable to Change, Exudes a commitment to Personal & Professional Development.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard indoor office setting; exposure to computer screens.
Requires repetitive motion. Substantial movements/motions of the wrists hands, and/or fingers. Sufficient mobility to work in an office setting; stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; operate office equipment including use of a computer keyboard, mouse, scanner and other tools as needed.
See in the normal vision range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without corrections.
Company Profile: One Inc provides insurance companies a digital payments platform designed to maximize retention of the new generation of policyholderswhile reducing security risks and minimizing payment processing costs. One Inc has become the fastest growing digital payments platform in the insurance industry, and now manages more than $20 billion a year in payments for customers. Our talented, ambitious, and innovative team of professionals work collectively to disrupt, pioneer, add value, to solve challenges for our customers and their insureds. One Inc is a high growth company revolutionizing the industry.
Based in Folsom, CAOne Inc offers a competitive salary, and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, stock options, commitment to a solid work/life balance, and a policy of promoting from within whenever possible.
One Inc is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all EEOC legislation in each jurisdiction it operates in.