AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
Summary of Duties:
The Product Engineer reports to the Quality Leader and is the primary technical contact for AGY’s customers. The Product Engineer is responsible for ensuring that AGY’s products meet the needs of our customers. The position requires regular travel to customer facilities to observe and discuss product performance, define fitness-for-use, conduct trials, etc. The Product Engineer will work closely with manufacturing personnel to develop and execute preventative and corrective actions to prevent and resolve issues for the customer.
Description of Duties:
- Develops and maintains an in-depth understanding of assigned products and the product’s current, and potential, applications.
- Maintains direct customer contact to ensure resolution of technical issues involving assigned products/customers by involving the appropriate manufacturing and technical resources.
- Defines and maintains all product specifications (Product Technical Sheets, customer specifications, mil standards, etc.).
- Ensures customer corrective action requests are completed in a thorough and timely manner by involving the appropriate manufacturing and technical resources.
- Monitors product internal testing results and directs action to ensure products are stable and centered to specifications.
- Proposes and facilitates product line evolution and new process developments.
- Reviews and approves product engineering changes while maintaining change control processes.
- Facilitates the introduction of new products and processes to the manufacturing operations.
- As needed, ensures that all customer certifications are accurate and timely.
- Communicates and documents the Fitness for Use requirements for assigned products.
- Advises on disposition of slow moving and obsolete inventories.
- Provides final disposition for nonconformance material.