Preferred Education an Experience Requirements:
A combination of education, training, and experience performing responsibilities similar to those listed above. Minimum of 5 years working in an art museum or gallery setting. Prior experience in a lead or supervisory capacity strongly preferred.
Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Ability to coordinate daily activities including work scheduling, quality assurance, monitoring of installation and gallery maintenance activities, and supervision of personnel
- Demonstrated experience working with subcontractors/vendors and demonstrated ability to monitor project activities and ensure compliance with internal/external regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of best museum practices, including AAM guidelines
- Use problem-solving skills to perform concurrent multiple tasks in a busy environment
- Knowledge of environmental and safety rules, regulations, and policies. Ability to conduct job site inspections to ensure compliance
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and communicate those instructions to others
- Exhibition design experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of SketchUp or AutoCAD desired
- Operate a scissor lift safely
- Experience with mount making and preservation techniques
Stand/walk, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds.
Kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >40 pounds.
Requires 24-hour response availability seven days per week for emergency situations. Work on evenings and weekends may be required and scheduled in advance.
May be exposed to noise > 80dB TWA.
May working at heights up to 24 ft.