Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.” As a Production Lead, you’ll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
What you’ll do…..
- Check orders for the day and stock inventory to ensure line has enough product to process orders for the day
- Ensure line employees have tools necessary to perform their job
- Set up production lines and assign tasks based on what orders received
- Set up production line to ensure that line employees complete orders efficiently
- Responsible for maximizing quality and productivity
- Complete paperwork and any other associated task related to the production line, from updating records to show what has been completed to noting any issues
- Identify and report any shortage with production to the Production Supervisor
- Assist line employees with cutting, slicing, cleaning, and peeling produce, weigh, seal packages or containers and labeling packages
- Check quality of produce to meet quality standards
- Responsible for completing customer orders in an accurate and timely manner
- Follow all safety procedures including and not limited to wearing of all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining Food Safety and Quality programs and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned
What we look for…
- Ability to use knives, peelers, spoons, measuring cups, scoops, and scales
- Food processing machine operation experience
- Ability to perform basic math calculations including addition, subtraction, and multiplication
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to read and write in English or native language, as is affected by direction and paperwork
- Ability to work in a teamwork environment
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work with heavy machinery
- Must have general knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety
- Ability to work in a refrigerated environment – (36 degrees)
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
What you’ll gain….
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive salary and regular performance reviews
- Comprehensive health insurance package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- All the kale and other “good stuff” you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program.