The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent health and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs, arts, and sports experiences. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits including a complimentary membership! The Js culture is warm and inclusive to all, employees are safe being who they are at work. Be a part of this amazing team and community.
The J has an opportunity for Sports Officials to join our team.
Officiate games in our sports leagues including but not limited to basketball, softball, volleyball and floor hockey while educating players on the game. Our youth programs focus on developing young players through skill building and good sportsmanship. Our adult leagues are recreational leagues that encompass fun and friendly competition while maintaining respect and dignity both on and off the field.
- Provide quality customer service at all times
- Carry out the duties of an official, including the calling of fouls, rule violations, communicating with coaches and players while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving
- Follow procedures in reporting incidents and accidents to supervisor and fill out appropriate paperwork
- Help the younger Youth Sports participants learn the game (i.e. explain violations during the course of the game)
- Attend all staff meetings, clinics, and training sessions as requested
- Maintain good attendance and be punctual to games and meetings. Follow all staff rules and regulations set forth by the supervisor
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.