Training and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three (3) years’ Development experience in direct fundraising for nonprofits
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills with a professional demeanor, demonstrated through the development of successful donor communications and relationship-building.
- Working knowledge of donor databases, preferably Donor Perfect and Donor Search.
- An understanding of medical, mental health, public health, and human services issues related to HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention, and the diverse health issues faced by members of the LGBT community.
- Strong working knowledge of key philanthropic trends.
- Work as part of a team in department-wide collaborations and serve as a role model for key processes and performance-based outcomes.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities, and promote positive team spirit.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper. Some evening and weekend work required.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.