- Work time will be split between indoors/office and outdoors/field
- Exposure to dust and fumes/offensive smells.
- Exposure to chemicals such as concrete, chemical admixtures, truck cleaner, grease and oil.
- Close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level will be moderate to loud.
- Lift a maximum weight of 50 lbs., repetitively lift 50 lbs., carry approximately 50 lbs., and push/pull approximately 50 lbs., and pinch/grip approximately 25 lbs.
- Reach overhead and reach away from the body. Minimal kneeling, squatting and climbing may be required.
- Sit 6 hours per day, stand 2 hours per day, and walk 2 hours per day.
- 4 years’ experience in the concrete industry.
- Prior managerial or supervisory experience preferred.
- Written communication, verbal communication, and basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to use a computer and iPad, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use the company dispatching system.
- Ability to compute basic material calculations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- State Certified Concrete Technician (must become certified within 1 year of assuming position).
- NRMCA Concrete Plant Manager Certification (must become certified within 1 year of assuming position).
- CPR/First Aid.
Industry Related Experience or Skills:
- A basic understanding of both the operation and maintenance of ready mix concrete plants and equipment.
Education Required: High School
Preferred Education: College/Undergrad
Bilingual in Spanish Preferred: Yes