The Boston Architectural College (BAC) is committed to providing all our students an integrated and exemplary educational experience while ensuring their individual success and empowering them to fully actualize their potential. We embrace diversity and inclusivity in all its forms, while striving to create an equitable global community.
The Director of Financial Access manages all aspects of the student financial aid programs while working closely with colleagues to foster a professional, knowledgeable, and welcoming environment for all BAC constituents. Serves as the direct supervisor for the financial aid team and is a member of the Office of Student Services.
This is a full-time exempt position of 40 hours per week, reporting to the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Strategy and Services.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide proactive, professional, and friendly service in all interactions.
- Oversee all aspects of counseling, awarding, disbursing, reconciling and reporting of financial aid.
- Manage Title IV and other federal, state and institutional aid funds ensuring compliance to all regulations, policies and procedures.
- Complete reports and surveys as they relate to financial aid (i.e. FISAP, OSFAA and IPEDS)
- Review processes on a regular basis to ensure a focus on access and understanding for students.
- Model and encourage proactive, helpful and a collegial attitude for all colleagues to one another and all BAC constituents.
- Collaborate across the College to assist in achieving enrollment and retention goals.
- Work closely with Admissions in counseling and awarding new students, which includes participation in recruitment activities.
- Assist with escalated and/or more complicated student situations.
- Manage the completion of the institutions annual financial aid audit.
- Manage the certification, processing, policies and procedures regarding Veterans Benefits, serving as a certifying official for the College.
- Keep informed of changing financial aid regulations and best practices.
- Other tasks as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes.
EDUCATIONAL criteria: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, and master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in student financial services functions in higher education.
- Management experience required
- Must be detail oriented.
- Computer literate, including effective use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication and consultative skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Ability and willingness to support collaborative efforts.
- Be committed to the mission of the BAC and carry out the highest quality of service to BAC constituencies.
Work Schedule requirements:
- This is a hybrid position. At least 1 day a week in person will be required. Days in the office may vary depending on the time of year and needs of the office.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in accordance with the academic season.