ACS Group is a privately held company that designs and manufactures comprehensive lines of auxiliary products for the plastics processing industry. ACS Group maintains an expansive product line, which includes size reduction equipment (granulators and shredders), material conveying equipment, metering and blending devices, heat exchangers (mold temperature control units and chillers), drying systems, and presses. These products are marketed under such recognizable brand names as AEC, Sterling, Cumberland, Wabash and Carver.
Manufacturing facilities are located in New Berlin, Wisconsin and Wabash, Indiana with a third facility located Suzhou, China to handle the needs of the Asian market.
Currently, we are seeking a dedicated, passionate Application Engineer. The Application Engineer provides technical application support for proper sizing of equipment globally to ensure the customer’s needs are met.
A successful candidate will:
- Handle phone calls from customers, sales representatives, and other Company personnel
- Provide quotations to customers that:
- Meet the customer’s requirements.
- Comply with company guidelines.
- Result in company-approved profit margins.
- Provide technical support and proper sizing equipment based on application requirements.
- Interface with engineering and manufacturing departments as required.
- Assist Regional and Technical Sales Managers in the completion of individual projects, proposals, and orders.
- Become versed in the complete line of company products and services to be able to effectively support the customer and organization.
- Follow up with customers after lead requests and submittal of quotation to ensure continuity of projects
- At time of sale, review customer P.O. for accuracy and assist order entry to ensure correct information is provided on sales orders.
- During the order workflow – interface with engineering and manufacturing personnel to ensure order accuracy.
- After shipment – answer customer questions and/or direct to the appropriate department for follow up with the customer.
- Strive for continuous departmental quality improvement.
- Participate in various projects to provide support and provide input (i.e. Configurator system improvements, Operations improvement, product quality improvement, etc.).
- Expand job skills with appropriate tools to enhance work and customer experience.
- Other duties as assigned through your manager.
- Reports to the Manager of Technical Sales and Application Engineering