SUMMARY: Responsible for oversight of specific accounting functions and with the preparation of financial reports that summarize and report the Bank’s consolidated financial performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Collaborates with the Accounting team to prepare and file the Bank’s Forms 10-Q and 10-K, press releases, Call Report and other regulatory reporting requirements, and internal Board of Director financial reporting package.
- Produces monthly/quarterly financial reporting packages including coordination of reporting across business channels.
- Coordinates with Prologue (internal accounting software system) manager and Accounting team on developing and producing timely reports from Prologue.
- Ensures financial information produced by the Accounting Department is accurate and timely.
- Ensures accounting is in compliance with regulatory and SEC requirements.
- Actively participates in Bank and department Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Responsible for the monthly closing of the general ledger.
- Monitors the Bank’s performance to budget.
- Prepares financial statements and reports.
- Reviews yields and rate/volume variances.
- Provides explanations for budget to actual variances.
- Engaged with all accounting processes, including but not limited to deposits, A/P, payroll, fixed /prepaid assets, borrowings and equity.
- Loan accounting oversight including FAS91 reporting, problem loan reporting and working directly with our third-party allowance for loan and lease loss provider.
- Works with CFO and Accounting team on intercompany and other cost based allocations.
- Provides assistance for various audit activities, including all general ledger and financial statement requests related to:
- External and internal audits.
- Regulatory examinations.
- IRS or State/local tax audits.
- FHLB/FRB collateral audits.
- Any other audit, as assigned.
- Assists with journal entry review/approval for the accurate reporting of the financial position of the Bank.
- Works directly with external tax consultants/auditors to ensure federal and state tax returns are accurate and filed timely.
- Responsible for preparation/review of the quarterly Call Report, including any supporting schedules and the annual reporting of deposits (FDIC reporting).
- Provides continuous reviews and recommends improvements related to financial practices and procedures.
- Plans for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting function.
- Solid, overall business acumen and a strong mindset for continuous improvement including the ability to automate processes where appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Involved with managing the accounting financial systems including the general ledger structure, income/expense/asset/liability accounts and promotes ways to automate processes. Responsible for regulatory reporting including the reporting and coordination of this accounting process and working cross business channels to ensure timely and accurate reporting. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include oversight to daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly ongoing process improvements, assisting with planning, assigning and completing the work of team members and working with other departments to achieve a high level of reporting. Work in a team oriented environment while identifying and addressing any problems.