This position is responsible for contributing to the content plan for a mix of B2B and B2C clients. The content supervisor will coordinate with a team of writers, creatives, content creators, and channel leads to plan and fulfill significant monthly content needs across print, social and digital channels, focusing on the customer audience.
This position is responsible for understanding the clients’ business objectives and maintaining a keen understanding of target audiences, channels, tone/voice and the customer’s journey. This position also requires a deep understanding of goal-oriented, branded content-style publishing and strong and versatile writing/editing experience.
This is a client-facing role requiring daily-to-weekly client interactions by phone, video call and email. Face-to-face meetings will resume when able.
This role helps to lead the customer story process and the content gathering needs required to meet the content plan. This includes delivering guidance for on-location photo/video shoots and directing the story angle and various uses of the content.
- Coordinate content writers or designers to help deliver quality work.
- Work with the content manager to help develop periodic (quarterly or monthly) content plans for key client audiences (e.g., customer, dealer, employee/internal).
- Assist the content manager and content director with updating content marketing strategies based on the client’s unique business model, company budget and desired outcomes that include all relevant print, social and digital channels.
- Monitor content marketing results and make changes to the content marketing plan as a result of metrics. Provide insights and recommendations based on findings.
- Observe and provide insights on competitors in the client’s industry to identify their strengths and weaknesses in the marketplace.
- Identify target customers that are the intended recipients of the client’s content materials; learn their preferences, expectations and ultimate needs to deliver the content they will be most interested in.
- Identify key messages to effectively communicate the client's brand, message and voice.
- Have working knowledge or experience with content marketing tools intended to drive traffic, generate leads, convert them and retain customers, and apply that knowledge/experience to benefit client work.
- Follow content marketing and design trends -- across social, digital and print channels -- to implement innovative practices.
- Create written content for print and digital resources based on content marketing strategy.
- Provide useful editorial/proofreading feedback on content created by other writers to ensure content structure is well-organized, maximizes readability and visual attractiveness, and that it’s on-strategy and on-brand.
- Have basic SEO understanding and work with SEO specialists and others tasked with these responsibilities.
- Lead special projects as needed.