An unwavering pursuit of health. This is what we stand for.
If these words resonate with you, then explore job opportunities with us.
CellNetix Pathology and Laboratories is a dynamic, rapidly growing physician- and employee-owned pathology practice and lab headquartered in Seattle, Washington with locations throughout the state. Driven by impeccable attention to detail, we're resolute in meeting the exceedingly high standards of quality we set for our laboratory, our customer service, our business and ourselves.
It is our Vision to rethink, redefine and reset the standard of care for pathology groups and laboratories in the country.
The purpose of the Slide Librarian is to manage, archive & retrieve all requested materials with ease and accuracy. Some general tasks include filing, retrieving & organizing pathology slides and tissue blocks, and providing organizational support to Support Services, Pathologists and laboratory technicians. It is important that the Librarian abides by HIPAA regulations, practices and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) procedures where appropriate as this position may be exposed to a number of environmental hazards. This position may be selected by supervisor as Lead with Lead responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
A Slide Librarian may perform any of the following duties or groups of duties:
- Distribute slides/tissue blocks to all pathologists & laboratory technicians
- File slides/tissue blocks according to laboratory standards
- Conduct regular QA assessments
- Manage incoming/returning materials with offsite storage facility
- Utilize company's internal software applications
- Train appropriate staff on specialized library tasks
- Maintain & revise procedures for specialized library tasks
- Dispose of unstained slides
- Other duties as assigned