Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of efficiency while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP.
Essential duties and responsibilities are assisting the Senior Accountant with the month-end close process, maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger, including sub-ledger to ledger reconciliations, account reconciliations, cash/credit card reconciliations, recording general ledger activity, and payment processing.
Month-end close process includes recording of journal entries, analysis of period activity and reporting/documentation of financial statement variances. In addition to month-end close, the Staff Accountant would record and report activity for the Corporate Card and T&E programs, process payment runs, and a variety of other exciting projects that are currently underway.
- Process journal entries for month-end close
- Help design new month-end close procedures with Oracle
- Assist with administrative functions within Oracle
- Report writing in Oracle
- Month-end physical observation of inventory count
- Create accounting schedules & balance sheet reconciliations
- Code cash activity
- Prepare monthly accruals
- Analyze discrepancies and research and close reconciling items
- Meet deadlines and with regular time-sensitive situations.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 3-5 years of related experience
- ERP experience – Oracle EBS/Oracle Fusion a plus
- Hands on general ledger experience preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and evenings
- Excellent Excel skills and strong Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Word
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, hands-on environment
- Self-directed individual with strong motivation and willing to take initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and partner with people at all levels and locations
- Flexibility, team orientation, ability and willingness to learn
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health care, 401K, dental and vision along with vacation and personal time after successful completion of a probationary period.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics