BearCom is the largest value-added distributor of wireless, voice, data and video solutions that boost operating efficiency and increase safety. The company is currently in a high-growth phase and building a team of people who share core values of positivity, exceptional work ethic and a commitment to working hard in order to get the job done. Through partnerships with Motorola, JVC Kenwood, Avigilon, and the like, BearCom services the mission-critical communications needs of its sophisticated customer base. With nearly forty years in the industry and a reputation for technical expertise and the ability to offer customized solutions, BearCom delivers a variety of communication applications across a diverse mix of over 40 end markets in the US and Canada. BearCom's ability to create tailored solutions for its extensive base of over 20,000 active customers allows them to enjoy relationships with the Fortune 100 to small municipalities. BearCom’s headquarters and distribution center are in Dallas, TX and the company is currently partnered with the industry renowned Private Equity sponsor Bertram Funds out of San Mateo, California.
As an Installation Technician, you will be responsible for customer installations and maintenance of electronic and communications equipment in buildings and critical use vehicles. You will also be responsible for installing and maintaining systems such as two-way radios, fire alarms, CCTV, security systems, surveillance equipment, and other technology as needed.
- Significant travel to customer locations including out of state.
- Install, push, and pull coax, fiber and CAT 5 / 6 cables for communication and low voltage systems through building floors, walls, and ductwork. Including terminating and testing cables as needed.
- Build out closets to include racking equipment or installing ladder racks, ladder trays or J-Hooks for running cable.
- Meets with customers onsite to develop an installation strategy and coordinates with staff to ensure access to locations where products will be installed.
- Participate and be part of the commissioning and testing team for installation projects.
- Prepares written reports and communicates verbally with customers as well as with 3rd party vendor representatives, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Read blueprints and installation plans for communications and electrical systems by reading drawings, schematics, blueprints, and other visual aids to determine where and how to install each component of the system.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems by running diagnostic tests to determine whether there is an issue with the wiring or a part, or if the entire system requires replacement.
- Assist with customer estimates to determine what tools and materials are needed to install or repair a system, including estimating time for completion.
- Maintain and update customer information, repair logs, inventory, parts and material and similar records by using basic computer skills.