BearCom is the largest value-added distributor of wireless, voice, data and video solutions that boost operating efficiency and increase safety. The company is currently in a high-growth phase and building a team of people who share core values of positivity, exceptional work ethic and a commitment to working hard in order to get the job done. Through partnerships with Motorola, JVC Kenwood, Avigilon, and the like, BearCom services the mission-critical communications needs of its sophisticated customer base. With nearly forty years in the industry and a reputation for technical expertise and the ability to offer customized solutions, BearCom delivers a variety of communication applications across a diverse mix of over 40 end markets in the US and Canada. BearCom's ability to create tailored solutions for its extensive base of over 20,000 active customers allows them to enjoy relationships with the Fortune 100 to small municipalities. BearCom’s headquarters and distribution center are in Dallas, TX and the company is currently partnered with the industry renowned Private Equity sponsor Bertram Funds out of San Mateo, California.
The primary responsibilities are to provide onsite technical installation, integration, and maintenance service on complex wireless communication systems with special focus on Motorola Land Mobile Radio and Broadband Solutions. The position requires performing a variety of electrical, mechanical, and software procedures to install, program, align, test, and troubleshoot a variety of standalone and networked equipment providing voice and data communication solutions for Public Safety and Enterprise customers including Petro-chemical. As a Field Technician you will be responsible for meeting customer expectations, some of which are quality, performance, timeliness, and cost-effectiveness. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, be motivated, customer service oriented, possess a willingness to learn, and be reliable. The Field Technician will interface directly with the end customer therefore, a professional attitude and appearance are vital.
This position is located in Deer Park, TX providing local response coverage primarily for the Houston and Galveston Metropolitan area, however, the ability to travel throughout North America is required to support Bearcom Corporate projects. Travel Requirements: This position will be 90% local travel / 10% Overnight travel. An un-restricted, valid driver’s license to operate company vehicle. Security Clearance is a must, as well as Safety Training and a Variety of Substance Testing Compliance required by individual customers for site access. Inability to meet customer site access requirements will impact employment status. This is primarily a first Shift position, with evening and weekend on-call rotation. Flexibility to meet short-term customer alternate shift hours will be expected.
- Install, maintain and provide technical support and service of wireless communications equipment such as: UHF/VHF and 800/900 MHz analog and digital systems. Operating mobile, portable radio equipment, dispatch consoles, and microwave systems, using both conventional and trunked radio technologies.
- Provide phone and onsite response support, during business hours and on-call rotations evenings and weekends.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and resolve wireless communication equipment problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner.
- Repair customer equipment by replacing defective modules or components through standard troubleshooting procedures and practices.
- Diagnose and repair public address systems and BDA systems.
- Recommend appropriate hardware and peripheral equipment that meets customer requirements.
- Provide hands-on and oversight of communications equipment and peripheral hardware installation such as base stations, repeaters, mobile devices, portable devices, wireless broadband devices, and CCTV equipment. Analyze and comprehend diagnostic test results in order to repair and program radios and wireless equipment.
- Deliver and execute customer Functional Acceptance Test Plans (FATP), perform and document results of site surveys and assessments per defined customer requirements in pre-sales delivery and post installation.
- Work with sales and customers to prepare quotes, bids, and schedules for completing installation and repair tasks.
- Deploy factory software/firmware updates.
- Install coaxial and fiber-optic cabling, connectors, antennas, and couplers in accordance with customer requirements and industry standards.