We have an opening at the Jewish Community Centers Camp Sabra for a Seasonal Groundsperson. This position is 40 hours per week for the summer season which extends from June- August. Position is located at our resident camp in Rocky Mount, MO (local residents, please, as housing is not available).
Under the supervision of the Camp Director and Caretaker, this seasonal position is primarily responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the grounds at camp: lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, secondary roads, parking areas, athletic and recreation fields, and other facilities and areas. As necessary, may also be asked to help the team with the maintenance and repair of our buildings. At times, will be required to work with and provide direction to vendors performing tasks for the JCC.
- Provide quality customer service always; maintain professional and courteous manner.
- Responsible for road grading and repair, sprinkling, and drainage.
- Attend to and/or supervise vendors in the care and maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
- Attend to weed eradication.
- Maintain and take care of shrubs and hedges, tree removal, planting, and spraying.
- Maintain playing fields, picnic areas, and other outdoor venues throughout the summer season.
- Check time and inventory materials to be used for each job.
- Complete assigned maintenance work orders, logging work performed as required.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of the interiors and exteriors of the buildings as requested.
- Perform related duties as assigned by a designated supervisor.