Assists ESH Manager as needed to maintain safe and healthy workplace by assisting in identifying and anticipating concerns and hazards; developing and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures; conducting studies, investigations and training. Also assists in maintaining compliance with environmental regulations and other Right to Operate requirements.
Essential Responsibilities & Functions include the following, others may be assigned.
Typical tasks include activities such as:
- Auditing/recordkeeping for permits/procedures/reports
- Coordinate with ESH Manager to ensure Environmental compliance. These duties include, but are not limited to: daily/weekly RCRA readings and inspections, monitoring/recordkeeping for air permit compliance activities, water sampling and other regulatory compliance monitoring and reports
- Handling Environmental, Safety and Health inquiries for site employees
- Industrial hygiene sampling including, but not limited to, air sampling and noise sampling
- Assisting in ESH training as needed
- Spill and Emergency responder
- Record keeping and advocate for BBS and VPP
- Other functions and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary by the ESH leadership
Other areas this position should take a leadership role in include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Compliance auditing, such as Lock Out Tag out, and ESH procedure auditing
- Industrial Hygiene program
- Plant signage
- Follow-up and monitoring incident database
- PPE evaluation program
- Development of training material for in-person and on-line presentations
Assists in ESH compliance by identifying and anticipating environmental, safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying operational and occupational conditions; rendering opinions on equipment and work methods; conducting environmental, health & safety investigations and audits; and recommending preventative programs.
Guides and promotes safe work practices.
Assists personnel in understanding and following environmental, safety and health policies by conducting inspections.
Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and training as applicable.
Assists in maintaining Environmental, Safety and Health records according to governmental regulations and organizational requirements.
Assists in the training of others in ESH compliance.
Understands and follows all organizational policies, procedures, and rules.
Must be able to work in excess of eight hours per day or forty hours per week on any shift or travel as needed. On-call as needed to support 24-hr/7-day per week operational requirements.
Consistently demonstrates prompt, regular, and reliable attendance.
Communicates development goals to immediate supervisor and takes ownership of personal development plan.
Supervisory Responsibilities & Functions
This is a non-supervisory position.; however, the individual will lead and influence site employees to buy-in to the company safety culture.
Ensure your own safety and that of others, apply shared vigilance (both within your area of responsibility and outside it), share prevention-related messages with others and set a good example in all circumstances.
Familiarize yourself with the applicable safety procedures and rules, apply them and enforce them.
Contribute to improving safety in infrastructure, behaviors, and procedures.
Direct Report Job Titles: