Title: Registered Nurse (“R.N.”)
Unit: Treatment Services & The Better Living Center
Reports to: Program Director of Better Living Center
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Exempt
Location: Long Island City, Queens; Bronx; and Harlem, New York
Days/Hours: Monday – Thursday 10am-6pm, and Fridays 9am – 5pm, subject to change based on program needs
The Registered Nurse is a member of the staff within both Treatment Services (substance use) and The Better Living Center (mental health) clinics. The RN conducts medical assessments required by OASAS and/or NYS OMH as part of the clinical intake workflow; coordinates urine toxicology tests (collected by others) being sent to lab; administers some intra-muscular psychiatric injections; assists the psychiatric nurse practitioner with various tasks, including administration of medication assisted treatment, prior authorizations and checking vitals (weight, blood pressure, etc.); leads a preventative health education group; and conducts wellness checks as occasionally requested by general Fortune client population.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and document medical and/or mental health assessments;
- Participates in case conferences and provides follow-up on recommendations by psychiatric nurse practitioner and/or Medical Director;
- Works with clients and staff to assist clients on health/wellness related issues;
- Provides referrals and follow up for clients that have medical and/or mental health needs, including to Fortune’s Case Management Program for medical care coordination as appropriate.
- Conducts quality improvement reviews on client files and database;
- Phlebotomy and specimen processing; coordinate all external laboratory urine drug toxicology test processing; conduct rapid testing for Hep C and HIV; random toxicology testing; administer IV drugs as are occasionally prescribed by the doctor or nurse practitioner.
- Other duties as assigned.
May supervises interns and volunteers as required. Carries out supervisory responsibilities of such interns and volunteers in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.