Job Title: Mechanic
Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly
Reports to: Director, Cryo (Production & Engineering)
The purpose of this position is to maintain and repair all equipment and facilities in the Cryo plant. Cryo Mechanic provides maintenance leadership and direction toward the successful upkeeping of Cryo equipment, development, and implementation PM plans for the Cryo Facility. This position leads PM plans to deliver projects that align with business strategies, follow structured guidelines, company policies, and deliver the highest value asset allocation possible. Must possess electrical, welding, mechanical and refrigeration principles to troubleshoot and install equipment, suggest process improvements, and troubleshoot process issues. Proven written skills to accurately document and complete required paperwork. Should have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain the above objectives, and assist others in their contributions. Initial assignment to focus on Cryo equipment PM plan, repairs, rebuilds and improvement process.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, preferred but not required.
- Possess skills in electrical, welding, mechanical and refrigeration.
- Must be strongly detail oriented and be able to multi-task.
- Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor, and management.
- Written skills are necessary to properly fill out paperwork.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
- Minimum of six months related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
- Familiarity with plant equipment operation and SOPs a plus.
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
- Walking on various manufacturing facility surfaces
- Employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature
- Occasionally required to use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell.
- Exposed to plant noises and vibrations
- Ability to safely operate a company vehicle
- Handle hazardous chemicals safely according to their MSD sheets and SOP’s
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
- Preferably able to speak Spanish.
- Maintain and repair the following equipment:
- Buhler sifters and repair mesh screens
- CPM Mills
- Sweco Screens
- Package Sealer – Corvac, Mtech and Ultra Vec
- Sato – ID Technology
- PrimoWeigher – Weighpack
- Scale V1 conveyer belt – Dream Co.
- Boxing machine
- Data Max printer – Smartdate 5 Markun
- Viking Bagger
- Hand scales – DYMO
- Well Saw – Jarvis
- Sealer – Corvac, Mtech and Ultra Vech
- Pellet Jack
- Bale Breaker – Perall
- Wrapper – 3M
- Forklift – Toyota
- Heat Gun
2. Perform routine maintenance on plumbing.
3. Replace parts that are beyond repair.
4. Minimum Required Tool List (approximate cost is $300):
- Screwdriver Set – assortment of slotted and Philips head
- Combination Wrenches – standard (1/4”-13/16”) and metric (8-18mm)
- Adjustable Wrenches – 4”, 6”, 10”
- Wire Cutters
- Slip Joint Pliers (3 sizes)
- Needle Nose Pliers
- 3/8” Ratchet and Socket Set – standard (1/4” – 13/16”) and metric (8-18mm)
- Hex Wrenches – standard (up to 3/8”) and metric (up to 10 mm)
- Deadblow Hammer
- Punch and Chisel
5. Ensure all safety guards are on the machines and in working order.
6. Confer with department supervision or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
7. Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
8. Meet with department supervisor and team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
9. Work in conjunction with Lean Manufacturing Principles in the Pellet Plant.
10. Maintain sanitary and safe work environment and follow safety requirements.
11. May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
12. Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
13. Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
14. Must adhere to all company policies.
15. Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
16. Follow all SOPs in a given area.
17. Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
This position description is not, and should not be constructed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform duties and responsibilities as required.