Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
The primary goal of an External Content Writer is to identify, collect, and write documentation that will be available to merchants and sales representatives from our new online self-help forum. Documentation Specialists strive to simplify complex documents to maximize reader comprehension by obtaining feedback from various members of the company and constantly improving, editing, and updating the Self-Help Knowledge Base.
- Research, develop, and document product functionality and troubleshooting articles for external consumption
- Maintain a comprehensive library of self-help documentation for merchants and sales partners
- Analyze documents to maintain standardization of style and content
- Manage requested updates, additions, and revisions of external documentation
- Develop and implement best practices based on the needs of the team and the organization
- Work closely with SMEs, management, and developers to determine the needs of documentation end users
- Excellent written and verbal communication specifically geared towards Marketing and external material
- Able to select the proper support visuals needed to enhance the written word
- Reasoning and problem solving skills to be able to make content decisions as needed for users
- Strong attention to detail to ensure there are no errors or issues with documentation
- Resourceful and motivated to learn; consistently looking for ways to improve themselves and the team
- High standards of personal integrity and work ethic
- Excellent time management and organization; as they will be handling many tasks at once
- Able to write complex information in a way that is clear, concise, and easy to understand
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field
- 4+ years of experience writing content for public usage and merchant facing documenation
- Proficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Word programs
- Experience with HTML programming preferred
- Familiarity with web page creation and manipulation
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health care, 401K, dental and vision along with vacation and personal time after successful completion of a probationary period.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics