About the Brand Communications Team
We are storytellers. The chosen few who jump out of bed each day to show the world that Atlanta is here, now and next.
We use data, best practices, creativity, consistency and teamwork to make a difference in the halls at the Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC), in our community and around the world. We know our audiences and we recognize that new ways to reach and engage them pop up every day. We stay on top of the trends as we work to shape hearts and minds. We help each other; we challenge each other; we encourage each other; we trust each other; we learn from each other; we laugh with each other; we succeed together; we have each other’s backs. We are leaders who care about Atlanta and proudly represent its history, its reputation, its people, its culture, its careers, its impact, its vibe. We think big, but we never forget that details matter. We are a center of excellence for marketing and communications. We drive strategies and results that will blow your mind.
The Social Media & Digital Channel Manager reports to the Director, Channel & Analytics. This teammate will also collaborate daily with the Managers of Channel & Analytics and Content & Design.
About the Role
The Metro Atlanta Chamber’s Social Media & Digital Channel Manager will be responsible for supporting the execution of social media and digital marketing strategy for MAC and ChooseATL channels to boost brand awareness and community engagement. We are looking for a teammate who can both create and edit content in a variety of formats including copy, images and videos. The Social Media & Digital Channel Manager will lead day-to-day management of all social media channels and community engagement, ensuring content is accurate, timely and within brand standards. The position will also work collaboratively with various departments across the company, agency partners and the chamber’s business community partners using content storytelling to build our brands and amplify Atlanta’s story. Responsibilities include:
- Partner with cross-functional teams (PR & Programs, Content & Design, Channel & Analytics) to create and execute social media channel strategy and campaigns
- Create and publish monthly editorial calendars and social media content plans; facilitate overall social calendar and posting schedule
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and LinkedIn
- Serve as the key social community engagement facilitator across all social platforms, bringing the MAC and ChooseATL social voice to life through engaging and organic channel conversations
- Develop video and image posts for multiple social and digital media platforms
- Amplify news and announcements that are relevant to Metro Atlanta Chamber and ChooseATL audiences
- Set organic engagement key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media content and campaigns; deliver reports on content and campaign performance
- Extract and analyze social media analytics, including engagement data and campaign KPIs to drive continuous improvement
- Work with department leadership to expediently manage crisis issues presented on social channels
- Compliance with all corporate and departmental policies/procedures and applicable platform regulations
- Researching social media trends and informing management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing campaign activities
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years’ of comprehensive, hands-on social media channel experience required.
- Proficient with social platforms, social deployment and listening tools, social analytics platforms, design and video editing software, and web analytics platforms.
- Experience delivering analytics reports; ability to collect, analyze, and use social data to improve content and campaign performance; familiar with navigating impressions, reach, CTR, engagement rate, follower growth, views. Organic and paid digital analytics experience a plus.
- Basic photo and video editing skills required; Graphic design training and experience a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter that drives results.
- Self-sufficient multi-tasker, proficient in original approaches and innovative ideas; Agency experience a plus.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems collaboratively and work quickly under deadline.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience with promoted social and paid digital campaign creation, execution and analytics a plus.
- Analytical, resourceful and action oriented.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Fast-paced and results-oriented.
- Commitment to the Atlanta community and its leadership.
- Comfortable and agile with an ever-changing environment.
- BIG thinker.