This is a limited duration full-time position which includes Medical Teams full benefits package.
The Program Officer will assist the team in Moldova to provide aid to refugees and IDPs affected by the crisis in Ukraine. This support will be particularly in the areas of administration, partnerships, data management, proposals and reports, policy compliance, communication and networking, and flexible support as needed to various departments.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate daily with the Deputy Team Lead and other key staff to support the planning, implementation, and monitoring of assigned programs.
- Work with Health Services Manager, MHPSS Manager, Health Advisor (HQ) and MEAL Advisor (HQ) to ensure proper MEAL is ongoing and data is being stored and shared appropriately
- Support the development of concept notes and proposals
- Actively draw out lessons to be shared within the country team, but also with other relevant stakeholders internally and externally within the response.
- Lead on development of communication materials in collaboration with communication unit at HQ, technical team and field staff.
- Proactively share updates, success stories, and case studies with stakeholders
- Attend cluster or donor meetings as needed
- Ensure project meetings are conducted and documented on time. These include kick offs, mid-term reviews and closeouts.
- Facilitate the sign off of donor contracts, ensuring legal review, sign off with delegated authorities
- Support the country team in preparing, reviewing and modifying memoranda of understanding or other partnership agreements as needed.
- Support vetting of potential local partners
- Complete the due diligence requirement of donors in collaboration with HQ program staff.
- Coordinate the monitoring of compliance to specific donor rules and regulations as well as organizational standards, highlighting areas of insufficient compliance to the country leadership immediately.
- Observe environment and surroundings to provide protection for vulnerable people against possible threats such as human trafficking.
- Anticipate changing needs and emergencies.
- Ensures the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and Employee Code of Conduct policies.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.