This position requires a flexible work schedule,schedule can vary from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Monday thru Friday and some weekends.
Full Time, 40 hours/ week
Under the supervision of the Community Education Manager, the Community Educator develops and implements educational and outreach presentations, programs and activities for youth and adults, focusing on healthy relationships, intimate partner violence, teen dating violence and bullying. The Community Educator travels and works primarily in central Orange County, working closely with school districts, local universities, faith-based organizations and community groups. The Educator will maintain and establish new community partnerships to drive education and outreach for violence prevention education and awareness. Will assist and participate in recruiting participants, volunteers and activists to assist in the agency’s domestic violence outreach and education efforts throughout target communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and deliver presentations on intimate partner violence and teen dating violence. Educator will reach both youth and adult audiences
- Travel to, from, and within target communities. Travel and work independently as needed and during evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Recruit and register participants for educational programs and other project activities related to Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, Child Abuse Prevention Month, Elder Abuse Awareness and other recognized campaigns.
- Assist in the development of a Community Outreach Plan.
- Organize and implement community outreach and engagement activities and events.
- Assist in developing annual program tasks and goals Assist with other program-related tasks as requested by the Community Education Manager.
- Maintain appropriate records of activities, participants, and outcomes. Assist in updating and maintaining databases. Perform quality assurance checks, and compile reports as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with community partners (school districts, individual school sites, etc.) with the purpose of creating active and sustainable partnerships to maximize awareness of domestic violence issues in the community.
- Prepare compelling communication and outreach messaging for social media, website and other digital media.
- Abide by professional confidentiality guidelines by only sharing client information within the organization when it meets the need of the client.
- Meets time and attendance requirements for the position and uses work hours productively and appropriately.
- Follow policies and procedures in completing work.
- Act as a community ambassador for Human Options and domestic violence awareness
- Demonstrate ability to abide by Human Options’ values: show dignity, respect, honesty, integrity, and a commitment to excellence and maintain a supportive environment.
- Other duties as assigned
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment varies between an office setting to schools, and other facilities to give presentations. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb on stools, steps and/or ladders. Sit and/or stand frequently, able to stand for long periods of time. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.