The Director of Advancement Operations supports Oglethorpe University by leading and managing the operations functions that support an active fundraising and alumni relations office. This role includes managing the donor database and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the donor data; gift administration, receipting, and acknowledgement; generating donor and fundraising reports and lists; oversight of a prospect management system; performing and managing prospect research; and helping prompt effective and meaningful stewardship. The successful candidate will be curious, driven, organized, a Raiser’s Edge power user, and a firm believer in the importance of quality data and systems management. The role will report to the Vice President for Advancement and supervises the Gift Processing and Stewardship Coordinator and the Development Services Specialist.
- Responsible for administration of the University’s donor database and for the daily operation of the system and the integrity, reliability, and accuracy of donor records.
- Identify and meet information needs by coordinating, recommending, creating, and implementing data management, prospect research, and workflow strategies for the department. Develop and maintain written policies and procedures for database management, gift processing, prospect management, and other key functions.
- Assist in integrating knowledge resources, department data and systems with other administrative office systems throughout the institution including the Office of the President, the Business Office, the IT Department, Financial Assistance, and the Registrar.
- Oversight of the daily gift processing function to ensure accurate posting of gifts into the database, reconciliation with the Business Office, donor acknowledgement, and management of pledge reminders.
- Utilize the donor database to administer a prospect management system that assigns prospects and evaluates progress to maintain effective fundraising and that builds the major giving pipeline.
- Leverage data and analysis to inform development of strategies and plans for fundraising programs. Implement system for reporting and measuring progress against Advancement fundraising goals and metrics.
- Stay current on University policies and procedures for following IRS, FASB, and CASE guidelines regarding charitable giving.
- Prepare proactive prospect research to inform fundraising activities.
- Provide training opportunities and professional development to enhance utilization of the system.
Oglethorpe University is committed to having a workforce which reflects the true diversity of the students we serve, and we encourage underrepresented groups to apply.