Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
The Packaging Line Operator is a designated position responsible for filling packaging orders and the daily operation of supporting equipment across all packaging lines including bottle line, can line, and keg line. To hold this position an operator must be proficient with packaging equipment and quality control parameters. In addition, an operator must lead by example and utilize team-work skills to help the support team work together to increase production throughput and efficiency.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Follow the production schedule to ensure orders are met on time and in the proper packaging materials
- Ensure quality control is met throughout packaging process
- Help filler operators transfer product from the various cellars utilizing Brewmaxx and monitoring it throughout production runs; maintain knowledge & understanding of beer transfers
- Efficiently operate all equipment at the bottle, keg and can lines including but not limited to bottle labeler, place packer, case sealer, bulk glass depalletizer, box shop equipment, can carton packer, can tray packer, bulk can depalletizer, keg line supporting equipment, palletizer, conveyance, packaging code printers, and package inspection equipment
- Keep all packaging and storage areas sanitized, organized and clean
- Utilize mechanical and troubleshooting capabilities to tune equipment, clean equipment, and maintain equipment so minimal downtime is accrued
- Identify problems on the line and notify management and maintenance as needed for repair
- Other duties as assigned