Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative. When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We dont want this to just be your job, but the start of your career!
What youll be doing:
The Accountant II will be responsible for timely and accurate processing of the divisions financial reporting.
What youll be responsible for:
- Administer the tenant system (Angus), including dispatching work orders, training tenants and employees, and monitoring reports and completion of work orders
- Prepare monthly/quarterly third party financial reporting and distribution calculations
- Prepare quarterly lender financial reports and annual tax packages
- Process monthly/quarterly management fee calculations
- Calculate monthly commissions
- Set up and maintain project, lease and unit information on accounting systems
- Update budgets on a monthly basis
- Review and Post Aged Receivables
- Prepare wire transfers and ACH transactions
- Record monthly/quarterly bank fees
- Assist in preparation of the monthly Leasing report and accompanied analysis
- Research and respond to tenant or Property Management inquiries on billing issues
- Prepare annual tenant reconciliations for industrial tenants
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets, enter information into Excel budgets, enter Excel budget into system
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries
- Assist with AP and AR functions when needed
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required
- 3-5 years of professional accounting experience, preferably in a commercial real estate property operations setting
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook required
- Experience with Yardi and SharePoint preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general accounting and business periodicals and technical procedures.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from tenants, and effectively communicate with and present information to tenants, property managers, and leasing agents.
- Ability to prepare and understand financial reports and write business correspondence
- Ability to write an effective business report for internal and external review.
- Ability to understand basic accounting concepts such as balance sheets, income statements and cash flow analyses.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Valid NC Drivers License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; write; type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to indoor conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!
Childress Klein is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.