The Maintenance Technician will help with the overall maintenance, repair, upgrades, and improvements of our greenhouse and food packaging facilities. This role will perform regular maintenance and repairs of the greenhouse structure, production, manufacturing equipment, plumbing-PVC, packaging equipment and general housekeeping of the building. This is a hands-on role requiring basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, with a focus on irrigation systems, greenhouse maintenance, and the installation and repair of production equipment. This role will work under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Conduct maintenance and repairs to the building and all company equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks for the building and production equipment (HVAC, freezers, exhaust fans, pumps, plumbing, fixtures, and systems)
- Comply with State and Federal Regulations, Environmental, OSHA and company safety programs
- Adhere to all food safety policies and maintain a clean, safe work environment
- Run errands and picks up equipment, materials and supplies as required
- Performs additional duties as directed
- High school graduate or equivalent trade school credentials.
- Previous experience on maintenance at a commercial or industrial work environment preferred
- Basic knowledge in areas such as HVAC, industrial electrical, plumbing, preferred
- Basic knowledge of power tools, diagnostic and testing instruments preferred
- Fluent in English
- Ability to perform under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem solving
- Adjusts to changing conditions and willingness to works off-shift, holidays, and weekends as needed.
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.